Since then, AI has strived to build machines that can:
- interact with the real world;
- plan and navigate the world that humans live in;
- speak natural human language;
- be “taught” how to perceive things; and
- create a fully autonomous computer that can continuously learn by itself.
The Most Notable AI Acquisitions
Fast forward to 2016 – Google, IBM, Facebook, and Baidu are leading the game towards AI. A study was conducted by CBS Insight this year showing all major acquisitions done by these tech giants catering to various industries.